home about etsy tips friends contact 

Sunday, May 6, 2012

A Busy Mother's Day Weekend!!!

I hit the road yesterday with my new junkin friends, Nicole and Natalie. You might know them as Farmgirl Chaos and Little Prairie Girl. Our destination was Blue Earth, MN and The Prairie Chick sale. What an adventure it was!!! First Nicole and I met and she hopped into my van and then off we went to pick Natalie up somewhere along I-35. We were about to transfer Natalie's things into my van when I noticed I had a FLAT TIRE!! AHHHH!!!! WHAT? We so do NOT have time for this!! Luckily, these ladies are so fun and adventurous that we got a card from the gas station attendant for a local shop and off we go in Natalie's car! We had some great fun in Albert Lea, MN and then off to Blue Earth, the CrAzY thunderstorm we drove through didn't stop us, only slowed us down a bit! :)

I fell in love with this table:

I didn't get it but got some other great things!! Thanks again to Dawn, Miss Storehouse Antiques for connecting me with the sale and for helping me arrange to sell my jewelry there! Oh, and don't worry the shop fixed my tire while we were shopping so we were able to make it home ok!

I am getting ready to hit the road again next weekend, although this road trip won't be quite as long and hopefully won't involve any flat tires or severe thunderstorms!!

Indianola, IA is my destination, Jeff Tadsen's house to be exact. Jeff is a super talented art teacher that has a show before Christmas and one on Mother's Day weekend every year. My mom and sister were here last year and went to his show. All three of us were blown away!! So many beautiful things to choose from and his house, OMG this guy can DECORATE!!!! Here are some photos of things he's been working on for next week's show:




There are some great shops in Indianola too, Burlap and Roses, and The Garden Barn are just a couple I know about so you could easily make a day of it!

Also, The Little Prairie Girl is having her sale Mother's Day weekend and will be selling some of my magnet boards, and hopefully Mama Peacock jewelry too if I get some done in time!! :) Here are some photos of her last sale:

 Natalie has great vendors lined up to be there too, check out her website for more information, www.littleprairiegirl.wordpress.com. The sale dates and times are, May 11 10am-6pm and May 12 10am-4pm.

The Fabulous Miss Kay Fleshman, in-charge at Barntiques will have her first sale of the Season on Saturday May 12th from 9-4 in Nevada, IA. Kay is such a sweetie, she's my Iowa mama, and has always been such a great supporter and a great source for awesome junk!!! If my endorsement doesn't convince you these photos should:

She is serving these yumm-o-licious cupcakes too!!!!!!!


Plenty of great things to do for Mother's Day Weekend and you could easily make it to all three!!!!!! Have yourself a fun roadtrip this weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad I got to join you and Natalie on our little junking adventure! It was a fun time, and I'm looking forward to more opportunitities! :)

    ReplyDelete