home about etsy tips friends contact 

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Adding Color

I have blogged before about the sad state of my kitchen table. Mostly because the kids and I have created masterpieces of art on the table. The top was painted white and the legs were wood, the white top was stained with paint, ink, etc so really wasn't white anymore.
I have been wanting to repaint the top and add a good coat of polyurethane to make it easier to clean. Well, last week I was at the Junk Jubilee in Des Moines and saw a really cute square table with a wooden top and turquoise legs. I knew the hubby would veto buying the new table so I used it as inspiration to transform my table.
The chairs also got a fresh coat of white and new colorful cushion covers. It is outdoor fabric so I am hoping it stands up to the spills and stains from my kiddos.

Here are some photos, excuse the dreary light-we woke up to a thunderstorm that went from rain to hail to SNOW!! It is April 19th, right?



5 comments:

  1. I am in love with the colors! You now have me motivated to do something with my table and chairs. I have been thinking about painting them white as well and recovering the seats. I like your idea of using outdoor fabric to cover the seats. Fantastic post! It was also great to meet you at Junk Jubilee and hope to see you soon at JB Knacker!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute chairs! I love your table redo, we painted our icky pine/green table when we moved here and it's now glossy red with turquoise trim! I'm a big fan of turquoise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah,
    Love it all...what a fresh, inspiring redo! Makes me want to get a paint brush out!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone for your comments! :)

    Tricia-it was great to meet you too!

    Lara-I love turquoise too and I really love it paired with red!!

    ReplyDelete