home about etsy tips friends contact 

Friday, August 13, 2010

Feathered Friend Friday-featuring Jo Myers-Walker



This is my first feature of my "feathered friends" and I have chosen artist Jo Myers-Walker. Jo has been a wonderful mentor for the past couple of months, helping me grow my business and learn so much more about art and the creative process. She is an experienced, accomplished artist and works with many different mediums. Her work is prominently displayed in the Ames and Gilbert, IA area:her hometown.
Some of my favorite pieces of Jo's are in the McFarland Pediatric waiting room in Ames. They are so bright, colorful and whimsical adding so much fun and visual interest to keep both parents and kids distracted during those long waits to see the doctor.

Jo has raised her own four children and been a foster mother, a great example of her generous and giving nature. Another example of her kindness is her volunteer work with the local hospice, facilitating art therapy with patients and families going through the difficult emotional progression of death.




Jo-Jo, as her granddaughter affectionately calls her, is so down to earth and friendly; always welcoming visitors, customers and students into her studio. I have yet to take a class from her but have already learned so much from her. I am so excited and honored to call her a friend and mentor! I am grateful she has invited me to be a part of her booth at the Iowa State Fair and a vendor in her Left Bank Studio. Find her in the links I provided throughout the post or at her Etsy site and if you're in the Gilbert, IA area visit her studio and/or take a class!!




Get to know Jo more in this insightful article.

No comments:

Post a Comment